Uploading Videos

Forums Monthly Challenges Uploading Videos

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      Silks Stars Team

Hey guys, did you know that you can share your training videos in the forum? Click LINK when posting in the forum and you can link to your videos in Instagram, YouTube, etc. You can also share your monthly challenge video submissions in the forum by copying your ‘my videos’ url from your profile and linking it to your forum post. Remember you can only upload one video per month in your profile for review to earn stars. You can delete and re-upload as many times as you like per month if you need to update your video. Video submissions for the monthly challenge must be in no later than 11:59pm on the final day of each month in order to be reviewed/ earn your stars!

moral162
      Participant

Hi!
      I have a question about the sequence. Maybe this has been mention in the video and I missed it. Should the sequence be identical to the monthly challenge? (For example the climb has to be the same or can we add variations?)

Thank you in advance for your help 🙂
      -Maria

Silks Stars Team

HI Maria, yes feel free to add a different climb in the beginning and style of your choice! You can add slight variations but the structure of the sequence should be the same.

moral162
      Participant

Thank you!

thelostgeek
      Participant

Hi, I have a question about feedback. If I don’t have what it takes to do the monthly challenge yet, but keep on practicing it–and one day I nailed it and post a video of it here (after the month has passed), would I still get a feedback?

Silks Stars Team

Hi there! Yes you can keep working on this months challenge combination and post it in the coming months as your video submission for the month (instead of a future combination). As an example, if in January 2021 you feel ready, you can submit the September combination instead of the January combination and receive star rewards for this. Let us know if you have any other questions/if that makes sense, thank you!

Lena203
      Participant

hey there,

I am wondering if it#s possible to upload vieos and pics directly from my smartphone or tablet after I filmed it? Or do I have to upload it first? Would be great if there was an option for uploading it directly, I dont have a youtube account and insta tv is kinda crappy in my opinion. Or do you have any suggestions for a page to upload videos and share the link without needing an account? 🙂

Silks Stars Team

Hi! You can upload any video to your Silks Stars profile and then share it in the forum. You are limited to one video per month which is why we suggested using Youtube or Instagram to share multiple videos and reserving your Silks Stars video profile for your monthly submission. Thank you!

Alyssa
        Participant

Hello, I am new to submitting videos here and I wanted to make sure i did it correctly. I submitted the june 2022 challenge as my february 2023 submission. I did not receive any feedback or stars. I am wondering if I submitted the video incorrectly. or if you only have to do the current month’s challenge. What did I do wrong? Thank you!
        https://www.silksstars.com/community/alyssa/media/3387/

Silks Stars Team

Hello Alyssa! My apologies, thank your for bringing the slip up to our attention. You did everything right, thank you for your patience! Looking forward to your next video.

Alyssa
        Participant

Thank you!! I’m so excited! 🙂

Robin
      Participant

HI! I am trying to upload a video and it won’t attach. Can I post a youtube link?

I had a drastic knee injury so I have had to do my own thing for now. But I do have a video of what I CAN do for now!

Silks Stars Team

Hi Robin if you go to your profile page and click the ‘upload’ video button, you should be able to upload your video. If you are having trouble on your computer please try your phone as it could be an issue with the file being too big. Please let us know if you are still having issues after trying with your phone and we will have our tech expert look into it. Thanks so much, looking forward to seeing your work!

Robin
        Participant

Thank you! Unfortunately it still doesn’t load. I’m not sure what else to try. I do love the idea of this program, though!

Silks Stars Team

Hi Robin, we are sorry to hear you’re still having trouble uploading. Have you tried using a different browser such as Chrome instead of Safari? on your phone and/or computer? Since you’ve been having problems uploading and it’s now November, it’s probably better at this point to just email us a link from youtube or instagram of your October challenge and we will review it that way so we can still see your work and reward you stars! You can email it to us at info@silkstars.com
        Hopefully you will be able to upload on your profile this month and going forwards. We will keep workin with ya to figure it out! -Brett

Laura
      Participant

Hi, I’m trying to upload my video for the month (I have not uploaded anything in October yet), but I get the error “You can not upload any media in this month as you had exceeded monthly limit to upload media.” even though I’ve not added any video at all. I don’t want to miss out on earning my stars.. what should I do?

Silks Stars Team

Hi Laura. I’m glad to see you eventually were able to upload. Curious if you did anything differently that time that made it so you were able to upload your October challenge? Do you think it was an internet connection issue? If you have any trouble again uploading in November, let us know 🙂 Thanks! -Brett

Kdanse
      Participant

Hi, Same things for me on my computer and my phone, I can’t upload my october challenge. How could I send the video?

Silks Stars Team

HI Delphine, So the reason you couldn’t upload is because you uploaded your September challenge a bit late (October 1st), and our system only allows members to upload 1 video per month. The best solution would be to email us a link to your OCTOBER challenge video, and we will review it from there. That way you should be good to go and upload your November challenge this month as well as the months to come through your profile again, as long as you post it before the last night of November (los angeles time). Thanks! info@silkstars.com

Elleb
      Participant

Hi! I uploaded a video last night and this morning, instead of a thumbnail of the video there is a picture of film. When I click on the video, it says that it is still being converted and only shows the upper left hand corner of the video. My past uploads haven’t taken this long to convert (>12 hours). Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to be patient for the conversion to occur?

Oddly, when I open the video on my phone, it looks normal. But I can’t see myself in the video on my computer. Maybe it’s just my computer? 🤷‍♀️

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Elleb.
        Silks Stars Team

Hi Elle! your video looks like it’s very high quality and a larger file so it might take longer to convert, and/or possibly have trouble creating a thumbnail. But, we can see your video nice and clear from our end so no need to worry if the thumbnail doesn’t show up as a picture, we can still see your video. You’re looking lovely up there! 🙂

Elleb
        Participant

Ok, good to know! Thank you!

Robin
      Participant

Hello! I am catching up. I just worked on December and January Challenges. I have uploaded December and will replace it with January soon (just so you know I’m still keen!)
      I will be living on a sail boat soon so I will not be able to do much (we think low static moves will be all I can do), but these tutorials are fantastic! Thank you!

Silks Stars Team

Very nice Robin! Lovely lines and controlled transition from the Back Dive. Best of luck with the new living situation, it sounds incredible!

Dorag
      Participant

Hi!
      Yesterday I uploaded the video for this month’s challenge but I think something’s wrong. It really takes a long time to load and when it does, there’s no video just audio.
      Should I try to upload it again?
      Thanks!
      Teodora

Silks Stars Team

Hi Teodora, we can see your video on your profile 🙂 It might just have taken some time to render but it is up there, we look forward to reviewing it!

Dorag
      Participant

Great! 😊 Thank you!

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
      Participant

Hi! This is my 1st month and I’m super excited, but also super concerned that I’ve done something incorrectly while trying to upload my video. It’s been 14 hrs now and it still says the file is converting and there is no thumbnail. I deleted and tried again, but getting the same results. 😟 Advice?

Jill

Silks Stars Team

Hi Jil, unfortunately we can hear the video but can’t see it. How did you upload the video? Are you able to upload it from your cell phone? Thanks so much!

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
      Participant

Yes, I am uploading it from my cell phone.

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
        Participant

I know today is the last day so I’m really nervous! Am I just not going to be able to participate in this program? 😢 I’ve left this page open and refreshed for the last 18 hrs. I don’t know what else I can do. I am SO DISAPPOINTED!

Auriol
      Participant

I am unable to upload my video for this month. Not sure why. I have been trying since yesterday and have also tried to upload a low res version with no success. I am certain that I uploaded my video for last month on time so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong

Just so it is in on time, here is an instagram link. Sorry for the extra choreography. I was planning on re-recording, but the wind and rainstorms have complicated things this month. https://www.instagram.com/p/CKA9zj3DxRB/

Ali765
      Participant

Hello everyone 🙂
      I have uploaded my February combo (can you see it? My computer always plays up with this website). Definitely still a work in progress! I found the wraps a bit fiddly so felt restricted in my flow, but I think with more time to practice I could improve. Any feedback on getting the wraps right would be appreciated. I remembered to wear red! <3 Happy Valentines’ everyone xxxxxxxx

https://www.silksstars.com/community/ali765/media/

Silks Stars Team

Hi Ali, yes your video is up and we can see it! We will be leaving your review and awarding your stars early next week, looking forward to it!

johnnyangel_90
      Participant

Hi all, I’m unable to upload my Feb video. I’ve been trying for two days now, changing the file size, logging out and back in, etc. But I still can’t get anything to upload. I’m fairly certain I’m doing it the same as I have uploaded videos in the past… any ideas of what might be going wrong?

Damnaree
      Participant

Hello, I’m unable to upload my March video (same problem as above ?), it doesn’t work :/

Tancafaire
      Participant

Hi,

I can’t upload my video for the March challenge. I’ve had no trouble the last two months. This time I filmed with a camera. The file is an mp4. I’ve tried many times today and yesterday to up load it via the computer and the android phone. I ve tried to shrink the size it still doesn’t work. It uploads in the thumbnail and the green line at the bottom reaches the far right end and then it just disappears and only the two videos I”ve uploaded the previous months stay there.
      Is there another way I can send this video. I don’t have time to film again with another device.
      Thanks
      Denise

Silks Stars Team

Hello, sorry to hear this, it could be that the file is to big, please email it to: info@silksstars.com and we will be sure to review and reward your stars!

Tancafaire
        Participant

Thank you, you’ve fixed the problem, it’s working again

Silks Stars Team

Hello, sorry to hear this, it could be that the file is to big, please email it to: info@silksstars.com and we will be sure to review and reward your stars!

Beth
      Participant

Hello,

I’m having the same problem that Denise is having this month. I used my phone the same as I have every month, so I’m not sure what’s going wrong. Is there any other way I can submit my video so I’m not “late?”

Thank you,
      Beth

sailingpages
      Participant

Hi,
      I am also having the same problem as Beth and Denise uploading the video this month. I have used my iphone in previous months with bigger files but this time the file is rendering before disappearing.Any other options to upload and submit the video this month?

Thanks, Naomi

Ali_beau
      Participant

Hello
      I have been having the same issue and I have used my phone and my desktop with the same repetitive problem. The video looks like it is being uploaded, but then will disappear when it is completed.
      – Ali

Cheeky_southern
      Participant

Hello!
      I’m having the same issue as everyone else it seems…I’ve also tried uploading from my phone and laptop, with the direct browser and by dragging the file. It loads all the way and then shows only my last 2 videos. Hopefully it doesn’t upload 30+ videos on your end…because that’s how many times I’ve tried loading it!

Lena203
      Participant

I have also problems with uploading. I tried both smartphone and laptop and none worked an I have a stable conection. The file uploads unusually fast and then the page refreshes, but the new video isnt there…

Silks Stars Team

Hi everyone, sorry for the uploading issues this month. We have rectified the issue on the backend of the website so please try uploading again! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Griffinwulf
      Participant

Hi there! When I upload my video submissions to this site, they always seem to be super glitchy! This is frustrating because I want the whole video to be able to be viewed smoothly!! and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I usually upload it from my phone, but I have also uploaded from my laptop with the same glitchy issues. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas as to what can I do to fix this? Thanks 🙂

Silks Stars Team

Hi Griffin! We can see your video nice and clear without glitches from over here. 🙂

It does look like your video quality is 4K which is the very best quality. Some devices do have trouble playing 4K quality. Another factor can be if the wifi connection isn’t super fast 4K videos can have a stop and start effect because of that as well. We would recommend changing the video recording quality to 1080p (which is still HD quality) on your phone before filming to avoid this issue completely in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Griffinwulf
        Participant

Awesome, thank you for that tip! When I look at the resolution, it says 1920×1080. I will experiment with figuring out how to potentially make it lesser…but glad it’s playing smoothly for you!

Kristin
      Participant

Im not sure my video uploaded!! I tried to upload it twice early september 30th. and when i checked now it said « your video is compressing… » i hope it sent!! in time 😭

Silks Stars Team

It did upload in time! Thank you so much…

VictorSzeto
      Participant

Concurring with the message from @kristin – I’ve been having the same issues with my uploads. I did a test uploading a smaller file (40Mb vs 283Mb) and it’s still saying that it’s compressing after a few days. That function to choose your thumbnail is gone, and so is viewing the vertical video without having it scroll above and below the fold. At least it’s working, but hoping to have that fixed for the next submissions. Help!

Silks Stars Team

Hi Guys! We are working on the thumbnail/transcoding issue but we can still see all your videos. Thank you so much for your patience, hoping to get things smoothed out soon!

Janice
      Participant

Hi. I tried uploading my January 2022 video but after it shows me the activity bar that uploading (full size render) is happening, the video still does not get added in my profile. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks.

Jenny
      Participant

I Cant upload my video either. Have attempted about 10 times and thought it was my computer….

ksamuelscrow
      Participant

I am trying to upload my January challenge video, but it’s not working. I’ve tried several times from both my phone and computer. I don’t get an error – it just looks like it’s loading but isn’t there when it finishes. Any tips?

Silks Stars Team

Hello all- we’ve been working on this, and it seems to be ok now. Let us know if you can upload!

Cathy
        Participant

Yes I was able to upload this time!

ksamuelscrow
        Participant

It worked! Thanks!

Janice
        Participant

Thanks. It worked now.

aerial_nurse_mom
      Participant

Any advice on how to get better results with my video upload? When I first started this program, my videos loaded just fine. Now it’s always saying something like, this file is converting load later or come back later. It buffers through the whole thing when it loads, etc. I know I don’t waist time waiting for videos to load… why would anyone else!

Silks Stars Team

Hi Melissa, sorry for the delay. Sometimes our system has trouble uploading 4k video quality, so we recommend going to the settings in your phone, clicking on the camera tab, and changing your recording settings to 1080HD instead of 4k. It’s still very clear quality and much faster to upload with less chance of technical errors.

ndagesse
      Participant

I’m having trouble uploading this month, I click the file, but then it returns to the upload page and doesn’t start uploading or show a file name. I haven’t had this issue before, I’m on my phone because that’s what I used to make the video. Any tips? Thanks!

Silks Stars Team

Hi there- how big is the file? Maybe compress it and try again?

robpippi
      Participant

Hi all, I have a silly question.
      When I upload the video, do I have to set it as featured in order to receive a review?
      Thanks in advance!

Silks Stars Team

As long as the video is uploaded to your profile, we will be able to review your work!

Jnastu55
      Participant

Hi! I’m trying to upload my first video, of the October challenge. It’s showing that something is in my media file, but I can’t play the video, and then when I navigate away and come back to my profile, it says there is no video there. I’ve tried it on iphone, computer and ipad, from my desktop and straight from my photos app. Is there a trick I’m missing??

Jnastu55
      Participant

nevermind…just took longer than I expected to load

Jnastu55
      Participant

Another quick question: do we have to notify anyone from the Silks Stars team somewhere when we post a monthly challenge, or are you guys automatically notified? Just posted my first one so don’t know the whole process yet… Thanks!

Silks Stars Team

We have access to videos uploaded, no need to notify!

Robin
      Participant

Hello! My video for this month looks as though it is about to finish loading but then drops back to the upload menu. I haven’t changed what I am doing so I am not sure what’s wrong. I’ll try in another place tomorrow in case it’s the internet but have tried 4 places now. Just thought I’d let you know! I love the sequence! Robin

ndagesse
        Participant

Also following, having same issue even after I shrunk my video

Robin
      Participant

Hello! My video for this month looks as though it is about to finish loading (via phone) but then drops back to the upload menu. I haven’t changed what I am doing so I am not sure what’s wrong. Just thought I’d let you know! I love the sequence! Robin

Ali_beau
        Participant

hey Robin this is happening to me too now. Any resolutions?

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.