November 2021

Forums Monthly Challenges November 2021

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Silks Stars Team

Option 1: Rebecca Drop to Belay Wheeldown
      Option 2: Rebecca Belay to Double Foot Lock Neck Hangs (mini-rig)
      Share your comments, questions, and work from this month’s combination below!

Jenny
      Participant

So gorgeous Darielle! I can’t wait to start working on it! πŸ™‚

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
      Participant

In the mini rig version, that split is GORGEOUS!!! Is there a trick to getting the foot locks and the neck wrap at the correct lengths? Thanks!

Jill

Silks Stars Team

Great question Jill! We will ask Darielle at this months Q & A coming up on Thursday.

Kary
      Participant

Primer dΓ­a de entrenamiento πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ƒ

Jenny
      Participant

WOW Kary this is amazing!!!

Kary
        Participant

Jenny i have been wishing to do this fabulous drop πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Manon
      Participant

I might have access to enough height to do the Rebecca drop, but so far my wheel down looks terrible and I really like the split with the neck hang. Could I do that combination ?

kkrup
      Participant

Any additional tips or advice for the belay wheeldown & keeping the waist wrap in place?
      More specifically, I can find an initial balance with hips and shoulders inline, but once I start rotating, the belay loop sometimes gets a little “gutty” and moves to the abdomen.
      Thank you !

Silks Stars Team

Hi! Dari will go over this in tomorrow’s Q and A!

Well, this might be my last outdoor training session. Mother nature is determined to have BC completely underwater this winter!
      This is what I’ve come up with so far- mind the bent leg inversion when I had to fight off my tails πŸ˜‚

https://www.silksstars.com/community/the-heather-feather/media/1717/

Silks Stars Team

Wonderful work so far, Heather!!! Good luck with the weather, everything looks great!

It’s snowing nowπŸ™‚πŸ™ƒπŸ™‚

susi
      Participant

https://www.silksstars.com/community/susi/media/1723/ Hi! I’m sharing my work in progress on mini rig version! I hope I’ll have the opportunity to keep clean it until the end of the month! As always yours cues and comments are very welcome! 😊😊 Sending kisses to this aerial community! 😘😘😘😘😘😘

Silks Stars Team

Great work so far, as usual! Really love your shape in the double foot lock. Continue to work towards lengthening the extension in your feet. Looking forward to your final submission!

susi
      Participant

Thank you! πŸ˜ƒπŸ™

karenfox
      Participant

Hi,

I missed the Q and A for this month’s sequence. How/where can I view it?

Thank you,
      Karen

Silks Stars Team

Live Q&A

password is wheeldown

kkrup
        Participant

I was unable to access the November Q&A – when I enter wheeldown, I receive an “invalid password” message. Thank you in advance πŸ™‚

Yvan
      Participant

Hi friends!
      As much as I love wheeldowns (always part of my warming up routine) I was wondering (due to my limited remaining possible trainings) whether it would be OK if I focus on improving my neck hang splits in belay as I propose in the below video? (without the wheeldown)

https://www.silksstars.com/community/yvanlp/media/1728/

Thanks a lot in advance!
      Greetings,
      Yvan

Caro
      Participant

Hi team. Loving this month thanks Dari! Two questions: 1. Do we roll left or right as we roll down? Rolling right is super fast and slackens quickly, rolling left is more secure/tight but hardly moves. 2. Any tips for quick/unnoticeable ways to get the faux foot lock off the heel? I’m having to get in there and peel it off my heel before I point my toe and easily unwind the remaining wrap. Thanks in advance.

Silks Stars Team

Hi Caro!

1. You can roll either direction, as you’ve researched- both ways have their own challenges. If going right is too fast use your hands on the tail for security.
        2. Practice practice practice! The more you drill the unwrap the better it will be.

Have fun!

Helene
      Participant

Hi guys,

Happy to finally be able to post a training video this month (less training opportunities) πŸ™‚.
      This still needs a ton of work but this is probably my best attempt at the weeldown (which tells you something πŸ˜…). All advices greatly appreciated!

Silks Stars Team

Hi Helene!
        Great work so far! Continue to keep working those legs super straight and pointed feet. In terms of the wheel down- try placing the tails on your right side, so it’s easier to use them (for stability/security) as you wheel right. Let us know how it goes!

Helene
        Participant

Thank you so much for your advices!
        I am really working on those straight legs, that s really am issue for me. I noticed that as soon as I get tired, I tend to neglect to focus on it while I move in the air. My feet are also not cooperating too much and when I push my point I cramp. Do you have any insights on those issues that could help me improve?
        The Netherlands is back on lockdown so won’t have access to a height ceiling anymore. I ll try to get my hand on a 3 meters one and give a shot at the neck hang split.
        Thank against for your support and for this awesome community that gets me through those crazy times ❀️

Silks Stars Team

Hi!
        Oh man, bummer about going back into lockdown, I am so sorry. We aren’t sure yet what is going to happen here.

The tired/straight leg thing is so real! Also- sometimes my feet cramp too. Do you do any ground pre work, Like ballet class/floor barre/pilates? That type of work will definitely inform your muscles for the air. Also if you’re starting to feel tired you can purposefully use a develope’ (bent to straight) action, to clean things up. I hope this helps. Take care, and Happy Holidays!

Helene
        Participant

Thank you!
        I don’t have a ballet background but I indeed try to incorporate ballet type exercices in my ground routine, it helps a lot😊
        I will definitely use your advice about the develope and see how it goes.
        Have the loveliest holidays!

susi
      Participant

https://www.silksstars.com/community/susi/media/1733/ Hi! Here it is the latest version… cleaned yesterday at lunch time 🀣 I add some details and finally found out how to handle the silks in order not to be tangled … now I wish had more time to make it smooth… let’s see. SilksStars keeps me motivated and focus, out of covid-zone, keeping my sanity while not seeing my family for 2 years… anyway, wish you a Merry Christmas and keep safe and happy! 😘😘

Silks Stars Team

Happy Holidays Susi!!!
        Gorgeous work- your neck hang split is to die!!!Thank you for being part of our community!

susi
      Participant

πŸ˜πŸ™

Audasilk
      Participant

Hello! I really don’t know why but my footlock is stuck after the Drop just before finishing in belay. Any tipS? πŸ˜…
      Thx in advance

Silks Stars Team

Hi Auda!
        Would you mind to post a video so we have a visual? You can delete it after…

Audasilk
        Participant

Done βœ”οΈ
        Thx ☺️

Silks Stars Team

Hi!
        Dari says-

Are they pointing their foot? Usually when people are having trouble, it’s because their foot isn’t pointed fully or flexed. If your foot is fully pointed, you should just be able to pull on it to get it off.

aerialranger
      Participant

Here is Instagram link to final mini-rig submission. Still have trouble with getting video to successfully upload in profile.

cjachelski
      Participant

I wish I could put a disclaimer with my upload for this month that I joined a few days ago and only had like an hour to practice this sequence before filming – in which I could NOT figure out where to hook my footlocked knee to take it off bc I didn’t realize you had to fully rotate. So not posting here bc there were some hiccups with getting my wrap on, awkward hand placements, and hesitation. But a super fun sequence and glad I still got it in!

Chriskers
      Participant

Thank you for your encouragement after posting my videos!! This challenge has shown me I need to work on my windmills/wheel downs and keeping those legs straight like you say! I’ve actually come up with a great way to work on that. I posted a not so great video for this month but love the song and am having more fun with it. Thanks again!

This is the cleanest version I was able to get, although I feel it’s not my best and I want to clean it up even more. This was unfortunately yet another month I wasn’t able to give the sequence the attention I wanted. I tried to merge the two versions by adding a neckhang split with wheeldown. Getting the footlock off before the belay and the split weren’t as clean as I’d like, and I almost never do wheeldowns to the right (so I was happy to work on them, but it was a challenge, especially in the belay). Even though I don’t love wheeldown in this video, they somehow got even worse after this take. There’s a lot here I’m proud of, but I look forward to polishing it further! November submission

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.