Reply To: April 2022

Forums Monthly Challenges April 2022 Reply To: April 2022

Silks Stars Team

Hi! Kerry here!

1) The inverted split (before the banana), is there a nice shape for less flexible people? My split is not great, normally I do a stag instead, but given the wrapped leg that is not a good option. The banana works fine for me. Tips?

I think bending the free leg instead of a split might work well. It would end up being the back leg.

2) In the knee tangle, is there a good and elegant way to place the wrap correct in the knee fold? Sometimes the wrap is too high on my thigh and will not come down, I do not like to reposition it by hand since that does not look nice. Tips?

Send a video for this one, I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking.

3) I love the drop! in your example I see two cartwheels in a straight direction, and a turn in the end. If I do the drop, I turn after the first cartwheel while doing the second. That looks less simple. Any tips to clean this up? What cue do you give to stay in position ? I tried legs and core tension, but that does not do the trick.

It’s actually just a full cartwheel ratation and a half twist to belly up. It looks like more, which is why it’s MAGICAL and amazing:) My cue is to stay static and wide as long as possible then find the end pose. So only two poses to pass thru.

4) I have problems bending the wrapped leg at the end of the drop. Either the drop becomes chaos, or I do it too late (looks funny). Tips on correct timing?

You can also try to squeeze the legs together straight if it’s more feasible, personally i think that’s a more difficult position to hit.

Bottom line is that this drop requires good responsiveness as you’re dropping. So it’s a great one to practice to train drop technique. As your responsiveness quickens, it’ll get better and better:) Good luck and happy training!!