Wrap theory question

Forums General Wrap theory question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jenny
      Participant

Hi guys. I have a question about the 360 drops in the April challenge and the June challenge (Sarah’s combo) Are both of those drops the same wrap in theory? In the April version, I believe there is already a cross on the back coming out of the footlock arabesque pose…then you take off the footlock, straddle invert ,crochet both legs, sit up between poles with tails over the shoulders, then triple wrap both legs for 360. In the June version, one leg is crocheted over both poles, x goes on the back, then each leg is wrapped (We call this ‘chicken wing’ at studio where I train), legs crochet through to sit up but this time the silks are not over the shoulders when we sit up between the poles…does the double egg beater (From June challenge) do the same thing as the tails over shoulder triple wrap in the April challenge? I am asking this because when I was working on the June challenge my muscle memory wanted me to sit up with the tails over my shoulders…. My absolute biggest challenge doing silks is A) remembering wraps and B) understanding wraps and C) left/right/directions when upside-down .,,, full disclosure …I am a totally dyslexic dancer here! lol

Silks Stars Team

Great question! The entry into the foot lock arabesque pose in April challenge creates the X back the same way that the one legged crotchet then x back does in the June challenge. You can do either a double or triple eggbeater wrap for 360, triple is a little more secure and it’s easier to add the third wrap when coming from the shoulders (this is why Rachel put it in the April challenge). Hope that helps, let us know if you need more clarification!’

Jenny
      Participant

Thanks for that clarification! They are pretty much the same wrap with slight variation right?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.