Silks Stars ‘Foundations’

Forums Fundamentals Silks Stars ‘Foundations’

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Silks Stars Team

We recommend that you review the tricks in the Silks Stars ‘Foundations’ section right here before beginning any of the monthly challenges. Let us know if you have any questions as look through the content. Happy training!

ellianajin
      Participant

Hi Silks Stars team,

It was so nice to see many foundation videos for many basic techniques. However, I am wondering if you guys think of adding ones for invert? I am having some trouble getting the nice straight leg inversion and straight arm inversion.

Silks Stars Team

Thats a great suggestion, thanks so much for the feedback!

ellianajin
        Participant

Thank you!

ncupps
      Participant

I am not sure if this question belongs under this topic, but it is the closest I found! 🙂

Is a Secretary Drop considered an open drop in aerial competition circles? To me, it is not, but the definition is throwing me for a loop. “Open wrap drops are those that could go catastrophically wrong if mis-wrapped or that rely only on hand-eye coordination to arrest movement. No open wrap drops that rely on hand-eye coordination for your catch.” Any thoughts / advice would be greatly appreciated!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by ncupps.
        Silks Stars Team

Hi Natasha, we wouldn’t consider it an open drop either as both hands are on the tail/preset at the start of the drop. Though that drop has “open drop” elements to it so we could see the argument that it is an open drop. If there’s any question if you’re allowed to use that drop in competition, we’d suggest reaching out to the producers.

ncupps
        Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.