October 2022

Forums Monthly Challenges October 2022

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Silks Stars Team

Option 1: Starfish Roll Out to Tik Tok
      Option 2: Starfish Roll Out to Airplane (mini-rig)
      Share your comments, questions, and work from this month’s combination below!

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
      Participant

Oh my gosh! That opening climb… AMAZEBALLS! That combo!!!! I’m so excited! Just did the back workout. Never have I moved so little and hurt so much! 😂😂😂 Love it! Thank you!

Ogie
      Participant

I love the starfish roll out to TikTok combo. The tik tok is my favorite move in hammock, I love the dynamics of it. Did not consider the possibility to do it on silks. I also love the “last dance” intension idea. I work often with intensions in my lessons, had not considered this one. Magical 🙂

Some questions:
      – what in-between posed do you recommend for les flexible people that cannot do a full split. Some inspiration would be nice!
      – Is there a way to split the silks smoothly when entering for the cross back?
      – The end drop tiktok has a tendency to look a bit wobbly. If you do it in hammock with correct timing, it looks really nice and smooth and fluent. Any tips to get the same effect in the silk TikTok?
      – The climbing up to “load” the TikTok wraps also gives away the surprise a bit. If you do multiple, it is a repetition and also I have tendency to reposition my hands while climbing up. What is the best and smoothest way to do this? How can I camouflage that I am wrapping for a final TikTok drop?
      – normally at the end of the drop you do something to increase the effect. E.g. throw your arms so the drop looks bigger. Any tips to maximize the tik tok drama ?

Thank you so much, Amanda!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Ogie.
        Silks Stars Team

Such great questions, we will forward these to Amanda for this weeks Q & A!

Danica.Liu
      Participant

Loving this combo, I’m enjoying the challenge of creating more flowy transitions. The question I have is I’m not flexible in my left split at all. I can’t really grasp my foot. So I’ve done a “cheats” version. Is this ok? I’ll work to it as much as I can but I know left splits for me is a real challenge.

https://www.silksstars.com/community/danica-liu/media/2895/

Manon
      Participant

I’m in trouble! After the starfish drop, when I unwrap the tails and separate them to do the double cross in my back, I’m sliding down even if I squeeze my legs as much as I can. My legs are pretty skinny. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Silks Stars Team

Amanda will go over all this during tomorrows Q & A!

Dorag
      Participant

Thank you for this combo full of drops Amanda!
      My question is similar to one of Ogie’s questions regarding the tik-tok drop. Is there a way to walk it down? When I try to bend one leg and then the other during the drop I feel like a rag doll thrown around all over the place. But when I do the drop with straight legs, I free fall to the ending position. Both versions feel very uncontrolled.

Robin
      Participant

Hello all! I wasn’t sure how the tick tock with 2 climbs would go in my little shed so I chose to test it conservatively with just a tick and not a tock. Any tips most welcome!

https://www.silksstars.com/community/robin/media/2898/

Cathy
      Participant

I’m still having a problem with splitting the silks before the cross back. I end up hanging upside down while I fight to find the separation, then I start to slide and it’s rough on my foot. I’ve tried flaring the silk below me to try and see the separation, but that gets messed up when I bring both ends around. I’m contemplating dropping one at a time but haven’t figured out how to make that work yet. Anyone figured something out to help with this yet?

Silks Stars Team

Hi Cathy- would you mind to post a video so we have a visual of whats going on?

Cathy
        Participant

Of course today was able to split the silks! I found that holding close at my waist and running a single finger along the silks helped me to find the split. Splaying the silks out was just tangling them up. I also figured out today that my straight leg had to move behind me in the tik-tok drop rather than to the side to control the drop. That was a game changer!

Silks Stars Team

That’s great!

Yvan
      Participant

Early halloween for me since I will soon be on holidays without any access to a rigging point. Again I had a blast working on this choreo. Thanks a lot Amanda! And thanks a lot SilksStars! ❤️🔥

This month I went for the Mini Rig (link below in case you are interested)

https://www.silksstars.com/community/yvanlp/media/2903/

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Yvan.
      Jill.b.lovin.aerial
      Participant

https://www.silksstars.com/community/jill-b-lovin-aerial/media/2910/

HELP!!! Please! My BIGGEST problem is the sliding while trying to separate the fabrics after the star drop. I think I’m losing about a foot and a 1/2! 😳 I’m really trying to use the inside of my right foot, but losing SO MUCH HEIGHT! And completely not enjoyable to watch 😢. Also, where/how can I add the WOW factor? I watch Amanda and WOW! 🤩 Even her stardrop looks more exciting. How can I make this better? Thanks in advance for any/all tips!

Silks Stars Team

Hi Jill!!
        Ok, when you invert after the star drop be sure to lift hips extra high and crochet “up” as far as possible. Then squeeze super tight with your opposite leg across the crochet leg. It’s all about that inner thigh squeeze! In terms of wow factor- make it your own! Try playing with dynamic change- fast/slow etc, how legs flow during wrapping… Lets us know how it goes!

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
        Participant

Ok! Thanks! I’m on it!!!! 😃

Manon
        Participant

I was sliding a lot too. Now I’m really sickling my crochet foot like Amanda mentioned in the Q&A and it helps a lot.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.