April 2023

Forums Monthly Challenges April 2023

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Silks Stars Team

1.Wacky Foothitch Climb into Crossback Cannonball
      2. Wacky Foothitch Climb into Peter Pan Spin (Mini-rig)
      Share your work, questions and comments below!

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
      Participant

Oh my gosh!!!! Oh my gosh!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!! I can’t wait to try that climb!!! SO unique!!!!! I’m not done with March but I NEED to try this! I don’t think my husband is getting dinner tonight! I’m telling him it’s SilksStars fault! 🤣

Silks Stars Team

Looking forward to seeing your exploration of the climb!

Danica.Liu
      Participant

I am having a little trouble with keeping the silk to my right after the crochet. The silk keeps drifting. Is it a case of I don’t need to move the pole? More focus on getting my arm into the necessary one and then reach? As moving it seems to get it in the wrong place lol

https://www.silksstars.com/community/danica-liu/media/3509/

Silks Stars Team

Rain can cover a modification for this tail issue in the Q&A!

Danica.Liu
        Participant

Thank you! I managed to do it when I was training on an inside point which was higher but appreciate a modification just in case!

I do have another question though, my left hip on the outside, gets a little pinchy after I’ve run this a few times. Any tips as to warm ups or anything that might help reduce this?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Danica.Liu.
        Silks Stars Team

We will add this question to the list for Rain for the Q&A!

Robin
      Participant

Hi all! I had a bash at it in case I don’t get another chance. Sometimes I lost my cross back but I think I figured it out better.I sure hope to play with it if I can!! Rain, I love your work!!!
      https://www.silksstars.com/community/robin/media/3511/

Auriol
      Participant

I am having a LOT of trouble figuring out the rotation into cross back after the extension. I can’t figure out the correct placement of the silks/ my body to create the cross.

I’ll try playing with it again during my next practice session, but if anyone has any tips on that part LMK.

Silks Stars Team

Would you be comfortable posting video of your attempt and where you think you might be lost? The details Rain covers in the explanation part of the video might be of help!

ncupps
      Participant

So, I fixed all (5) past issues I posted last week. All good. Only two things now:
      1. Invert to CASH climb: I am actually much better at getting the tension lock off the foot, but if you have any additional tips for more smoothly getting it off, then that would be appreciated. Right now, if I tilt the “locked” leg 60-90 degrees and slightly back it is popping off naturally (most of the time)
      2. FUN! I found a double belay exit on accident after the spin. lol. Pleasant surprise 🙂

Silks Stars Team

Amazing work! I included the final question for Rain to cover tomorrow 🙂

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
      Participant

https://www.silksstars.com/community/jill-b-lovin-aerial/media/3513/

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ Definitely a work in progress!!! Could possibly hurt your eyes to watch! Now that you’ve been warned 😂, I am also having sliding struggles. After the double wrap on the right foot, I feel that I just keep sliding. I am not finding that beautiful arched position that Rain shows because my foot is just getting lower and lower. Speaking of that same position, Rain shows it with her left hand on the pole and right off, but I feel like I will roll out and that I have to reach over with my right to keep me in and then after I push the silk down to my ankle I’m on the floor! 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ No space left to find the cross back much less the bomb drop. 🥴 Can you help me?!??

Cathy
      Participant

I can get the climb about 50% of the time without sliding (progress) but I’m just not getting enough height to have enough space all the way down to the drop. Maybe I’m still making my loop too big after the climb…I’m keeping it in my elbow but I still lose quite a bit of height. Any tips would be appreciated.

Silks Stars Team

Check out the Q&A with Rain today (or the recording ;)).

Carolinawonderyoga
      Participant

I can’t keep foot from sliding in the second foot hitch, the outside wrap one. I’ve tried putting pressure down, pointing my toes, etc to keep from sliding out. How do you keep your foot from sliding out of it?

Silks Stars Team

Great question, Carolina. The foot hitch works because of friction between the pole and the tail. The point of the foot pushes the tail towards the pole, perhaps more of the thought of pushing out before down. See if making sure the tension between the two are in place before sending the pressure down. Rain talks about the work of keeping the leg lifted, which helps create that friction before the hitch can take weight and not slide. Keep us posted if this helps!

Robin
      Participant

Hi all! I am sooo glad to have tried this yesterday before a big storm hit…no more practice for over a week due to strong winds. I feel like I am getting to the stage where I could play with it, but my climb is still lacking finesse, shall we say!
      Again, thanks, Silks Star team, and Rain! You REALLY help motivate me out here. I love it!
      https://www.silksstars.com/community/robin/media/3517/

Alyssa
      Participant

Hello Friends! I am so proud of how far I have come on this challenge, because of this challenge my strength has seriously increased a lot!!! Hoping to perfect this more and looking for some feedback. I finally found a song I like to put to the sequence today. I know I need to work on some leg micro bends and i want to make it more smooth overall. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you so much! https://www.silksstars.com/community/alyssa/media/3521/

hlandp
      Participant

I’m struggling with the exit into the waist wrap. As I slide into this wrap my waist/torso ends up WAY lower than my wrapped leg which makes the “cuddle wrap” and exit very awkward. Any tips?

Silks Stars Team

It sounds like you might have too much slack above the wrap around the leg before laying back with the waist wrap. Rain mentioned keeping the tail of one fabric across the back to elbow to manage slack, and the other place where slack might gather is how high you reach on the free pole before wrapping the ankle. The higher the reach, the more room you have to lay back, which gets the feet above the hips and the cuddle a little funky. Play with hand placement on the free pole after the lasso and hopefully that might be an answer! Keep us posted on progress!

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
      Participant

I know! I know! Last minute, but can anyone help?!?! I’m sliding in the Peter Pan shape spin. Loosing so much height that I can’t complete the ending! 😩 What am I doing wrong?

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
      Participant

What the heck?!?! I don’t know how I did that or how to delete it, so I’m just going to try again. Sorry!
      https://www.silksstars.com/community/jill-b-lovin-aerial/media/3551/

Silks Stars Team

Great questions! Rain can cover these in the Q&A.

Silks Stars Team

Fantastic! Stay safe out there!

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
      Participant

Logged In Homepage

Here’s a video to go along with my question, if that helps.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.